As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
Super Silky Summer Legs
Next time you are feeling down, about to binge, going on a date, or just need to pamper yourself, do this. I just did it and I can not stop rubbing my legs together. It feels like I paid for that over expensive pedicure at the salon.
- 1 1/4 C Sugar (Yup, plain, good-ol’ white sugar)
- 1/2 C Oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any oil, coconut oil, baby oil, canola oil)
- 3 tablespoons Citrus (Lime or lemon)
- 1-2 Razors
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Soak your legs in the tub for 5 minutes.
- Shave your legs.
- Rub some of this mixture all over your legs. The sugar will help rub off all dirt and dead skin. Rub, rub. Feels like a mini massage.
- Rinse it all off, shave again. I would use one razor per leg if you have two. You will be rinsing this razor a lot. I was GROSSED out by the amount of dead skin I was “shaving” off. It was insane! Trust me, you’ll see.
- Rub your legs again! Second coat of wax, oh yeah.
- Rinse off! You can use a mild soap to help get some of the oil off.
- Lotion your legs up, and feel the silkiness!
Now this isn’t just geared to ladies…. guys, if you want to get lucky, I suggest you offer to rub your ladies’ feet with this mix too. It feels awesome, and when you get lucky, you will be thanking me that her rough grandma feet aren’t cutting your legs, if ya know what I’m saying… hahaha.
I have silky arm pits too!!
Try it, I swear, You will want everyone to touch your legs.
i just did this and after about 2 or so months of not shaving this is the most incredible thing i have ever done its like my legs arent even legs they’re some sort of ancient fabric made only for powerful pharoahs
i highly suggest this even if you don’t shave use it on your feet or shave your pits or your pubes with it because you will feel like a fucking deity
HOLY SHIT I JUST USED THIS AND???? I FEEL LIKE MY LEGS ARE MADE OF ANGEL WINGS
THIS IS THE BEST THING IF YOU DON’T USE IT YOU’RE CRAZY
I just tried this and it feels so good I want to cry
I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS POST FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS THANK YOU TUMBLR
THIS FUCKING RECIPE IS A WONDERFUL THING. USE IT WHEREVER YOU SHAVE.
FACE? LEGS? IDK JUST SMUSH IT AGAINST YOUR SKIN AND REJOICE
I did this a few days ago and it’s magic!!! I’m still rubbing my legs and feet against everything because it feels sooooo damn gooooood. I am made of sexy silk now, you guys.
guess I’m gonna go try this now. ill get back at ya.
Made this for my housemate for her birthday. It’s amazing…100% raw, 100% vegan, and 100% sweet as fuck.
Lemon Berry Swirl Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups almonds
2/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
Grind the almonds into a flour in a food processor. (unfortunately our blender wasn’t capable of this so mine were still a bit chunky!!)
Add the raisins and continue grinding until broken down.
Add the coconut and vanilla. Grind again to incorporate.
Add another 1/2 – 1 teaspoon water if needed to keep the mixture held together when pressed in your hand.
Press evenly into the bottom of a 12″ spring form pan.
3 cups cashews
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup agave or other liquid sweetener (I used golden syrup)
Pinch of salt
Lemon zest (from all juiced lemons)
1 cup melted coconut oil
4 cups mixed berries
Blend all except the oil and berries.
Add half of the oil and blend again until completely smooth.
Transfer 1/2 – 2/3 cup of the mixture to a small bowl.
Add all the berries and other half of the oil back to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the filling evenly over the crust.
Pour blobs of the lemon cream on top.
Using a chopstick, push each blob down into the berry filling before swirling it into the berry cream on the surface.
Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
I chucked some strawberries ontop after it had set :)
I love green smoothies :3
I must try this! I’ve never had a green smoothie!
Today’s smoothie. Green apple, frozen grapes, celery, baby spinach, kale, broccoli, banana, chia seeds and a small amount of honey.
Great idea, i have to try this one
Cheddar chicken quinoa bake
totally might try and make a vegetarian version of this
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Extra Firm Tofu
Low Sodium Teriyaki
Crushed Red Peppers
Various Veggies! I used Zucchini, Avocado, Jalepeno, Carrot, Onion and Snap Peas, but use whatever good stir fry veggies you have!
CLICK “READ MORE” FOR RECIPE!!
Healthy Peanut Butter cookies!
Only 36 calories per cookie!
1 Cup Peanut butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 TSP baking soda
Mix the peanut butter and sugar first then add in the egg and baking soda. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees. They’re delicious!
making these right now
who wants some
Every Cookie Monster fitblr’s dream…36 calories! Like what even is that djudsxghjczd.
36 Calories. and Peanut Butter. My Dream Come True!
The Secret to Good Tofu
As promised! People are more familiar with it now, but years ago, people were pretty “tofu-stupid” when it came to preparing the stuff and actually succeeding at making it taste good. When I first became vegetarian many years ago, I thought tofu was the worst thing in the world (and as far as my culinary world/now meat deprived palate was concerned, it really was). I didn’t know what to do with it, the texture in any grade was repulsive and the flavor was never quite right. Until suddenly, everything changed (or not so suddenly, but I’ll talk about that later).
I was not so fortunate to be let in on the secret early on, so like many other things - this tofu trick came about as a happy accident for me. I’d gone grocery shopping and had lots of stuff left over that I wasn’t going to be able to get rid of in time before taking off on a big trip to Texas I’d promised my adventuring grandmother that I’d join her on. I wasn’t sure of the shelf life for tofu, so I just tossed my two packages right into the freezer along with everything else.
When I got back from Texas (which is kind of a vegetarian’s nightmare depending on where you are), I defrosted the stuff and was mildly concerned because not only had I never froze it before… but I noticed after I took it out of the freezer that there was a little note on the bottom of the label that read “Do Not Freeze.” - OH WELL. I defrosted my tofu in the microwave (which I actually don’t recommend at this point in my culinary life), but that’s besides the point. I patted down the tofu with a few paper towels and I noticed something that I thought was really incredible - the texture of the tofu had changed entirely! It was no longer this gigantic sort of weird blob of a thing, it now seemed to have a sort of spongy-ness to it. I was very skeptical, but decided to go ahead and prepare the tofu like I normally would, chopping it into cubes, pouring a few spices over it with garlic and soy sauce… then I pan fried it. It was the best tofu I’d ever had. I couldn’t believe it.
Remember that spongy-like texture I referred to a bit ago? I discovered that after the texture had changed from the freezing and thawing method, the tofu became undeniably better at absorbing flavors - WHICH IS WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO! In order for tofu to taste good, you absolutely need it to be able to do this (absorb the flavors of whatever you’re cooking it in/with).
I’m not a scientist. Don’t ask me how this happens. It’s magic and I’ve been preparing my tofu the same way every since.
A few important things to remember:
1. The tofu has to freeze at least overnight
2. It has to thaw out all day or overnight (counter top or in the fridge)
3. After it thaws, squeeze out every drop of liquid that you can (this gets it ready to absorb the other liquid/flavors that you actually want it to taste like).
4. YOU CANNOT DO THIS ON A WHIM. Real bummer. But you actually have to prepare for this! Obviously, considering the previous steps.
5. Have fun man. Experiment with marinades. Marinate your tofu for 20 minutes or overnight - see what you like best. I’ll give away my staple marinade here because I love you all so much (it gets the results that you see in the pictures above and it’ll make your meat-lovin’ friends happy).
- 5 T rice vinegar
- 4 T of braggs liquid aminos
- 1 T of tamarind sauce
- 1t smoked paprika
- 1 1/2t sesame oil
- 1t honey
- 3/4t chili paste
- 1 1/2t chopped garlic
- 1T olive oil
- 1 pound of extra firm tofu
- sesame seeds *sprinkle to your hearts desire*
Enjoy!!!!! If you try this out for the first time, come back and let me know what you thought ;-)
Great way to avoid drinking sodas while you’re out- Bring healthy drinks with you!
Home made lemonade is a fabulously refreshing alternative to soda. If you make it yourself, then you know exactly what’s in it and can also avoid a LOT of unnecessary ingredients that would go into store bought drinks!
Health benefits of Lemons: Magic properties of lemon :A large lemon contains about 45 mg of Vitamin C, about 75% of the daily requirement! We need Vitamin C to fend off colds and heal cuts and wounds. They are a natural aid for digestion and weight loss, and are a natural internal body cleanser. They have powerful antioxidant and anti-cancer healing properties.
This is how I make my lemonade :)
*Note- NO SUGAR ADDED!*
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup hot water
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 cup raw honey
Stir honey into the hot water over low heat until fully blended.
Let cool and add lemon juice and cold water into a 2-quart pitcher. Stir or shake vigorously.
Slice two of the remaining lemon rind halves into fourths for a total of eight pieces, then add the rinds to the pitcher. Add ice to the top of the pitcher and chill.
Try it out!
And why not put them in cute little to-go packages like this to make them THAT much more fun to drink! I bet you ANYTHING this will be 10X’s funner to drink than a coke, and everyone around you will want a taste :)